Sunday, March 22, 2015

Traveling Vegan

Lessons learned from my first experience away from home

I was visiting my son Ben at Conserve School in northern Wisconsin.

We stopped at a restaurant on the way up...I picked it because I liked the name  "Shady Sue's"
There was one "vegan friendly" item on the menu ...the dinner side salad.  It certainly made choosing dinner easy.   At least it was a good salad.  ( I did have some of my friend Mary's french fries!)

At Conserve School, it was very easy to eat vegan.  They eat healthy and plant strong in general...there is always a vegan option and an amazing salad bar ( the photo does not do it justice...sorry Scott)

I will be more prepared next time I am on the road.  I will pack snacks...healthy,  fun and easy to get to.   I used to pack snacks all the time when the boys were little...so this is returning to a habit not starting a new one.

 I am paying attention to food in a different way!  I am much more appreciative of healthy, beautifully prepared food.

No comments: