Saturday, November 13, 2010

What's your pressure?

Did you know that most people don't check their tire pressure? That most of us drive on under inflated tires and that our cars are much less efficient because of it? I didn't know any of these things.

I also learned ( this was in a Sustainable Behavior Change workshop) that men are more likely than women to check their tire pressure. Below is me demonstrating how men are most likely to check their tire pressure ( both before and after adding air)

And below that is me with my brand new ( under $5) tire pressure gauge.
Checking the air pressure in my tires.

My tires were all under inflated....by 5-20 pounds.


I have now filled them up to 35 pounds ( I found the right number in my car manual..luckily still in my glove box).

I also learned that I need to check my tires more frequently during cold weather...so the goal is to check on the first of each month.

Photos by Nate Nesslar

No comments: