Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Final Hours

 
Here is the view from my desk. I spent the last couple hours calling for Feingold from the Democratic office in Madison.

What I learned:
If I have a choice between calling alone and calling with others...I'll pick calling with others. The inconvience of getting down town was nothing compared to the support of being with other people who were "like me"

I called through 4 lists ( though I only intended to do one) because I could hear the deep, calm voice of Ben behind me " Hi this Ben, I'm calling to remind you it's Election Day. Did you get a chance to vote? Awesome, thanks so much" and perky Maggie who sat down beside me and offered to get me some pizza. And every time I looked up the room was crowded with people who care, passionately about the future of our county.

I had role models and cheer leaders ( and chex mix and cookies and pizza)

I got to feel what it is like to be a part of the democratic process.

It is messy and inconvient and sometimes annoying (think being called 4 times in three days)

But the alternatives to democracy have some serious drawbacks.

And now we wait....and hope.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: