Friday, January 8, 2010

Protecting Our Water



When I looked back out our photos for our New Year letter to family and friends...there were a lot of picutres of water: Tippicanoe Lake, the WI river, Lake Superior, Lake Wingra... When I am feeling stressed...I walk to one of the springs that feeds into Lake Wingra near our home. We are blessed by having access to clean water: to drink, to play in, to sit by... But we need to act now to protect our water so that our children and their children will have the same access to clean, safe water.

Protecting our ground water is one of the top four issues that League of WI Voters is working on. I wrote my legislators today to tell them I support strong legislation to protect WI ground water. For more information, check out the League's website

By the way, I got an awesome email back from Rep Spencer Black! He rocks!

Photo Source: flickr kittenwants

3 comments:

Apple said...

Hey Julie,
I have a suggestion/idea. If you would like to track what your readers are up to you should turn your call to action links into urls that you can track - then you can see if your readers are clicking on them. I'm a fan of bit.ly.

Beth Albright said...

We are members of the Geneva Lakes Conservancy and they are also are working on groundwater issues (among other things). While I don't think I'll make it to Madison to be there on the 26th, I will write our legislators as well. Thanks for the added incentive.

Anonymous said...

One great resource Wisconsin had to protect groundwater was trashed by the Republican legislature in 1995, when the nationally recognized and modeled office of the Public Intervenor at the dept. of Justice was eliminated. That two person office had tremendous accomplishments protecting groundwater. Lobbying to return the PI to Justice would be a great effort.