Thursday, January 7, 2010

Conservation Lobby Day

I have been struggling about what to do this year related to policy work. We need big changes to protect our environment..and big change means policy change. But which organization? Which policy? I get overwhelmed by the sheer number of issues and environmental organizations. And ( research shows) when you get overwhelmed...you go to your default option...which for me is...do nothing.

So I've decided, in order to make it easier, my goal is to pick one policy advocacy issue a month.

This month, I've signed up to go to Conservation Lobby Day, on Jan 26. This is a well organized event, with clear conservation priorities. They have a track record of success. It means a day of work...but it is a day well spent where I meet people who have similar values to mine.

If you are in WI and interested in going..check it out. There is no cost and they provide training.

No comments: