Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm going to lose 41 pounds this year!

The average amount of junk mail each of us gets each year is
..you guessed it..41 pounds.

41 pounds is also the name of an organization that will (for $41) stop your junk mail for 5 years (that's $8.50/year). If you have more than one person at your address....they will stop their junk mail too.

Mark and I decided this is a business we want to support. The registration was fast and easy.

I got six postcards that were pre-printed..all I had to do was sign, put postage on and mail them. I did have to go to the Direct Marketing Association Website and sign myself up for the do -not-mail database ( while I was there I signed up to get off email junk lists too!)

Here's to losing 41 pounds this year!!

Hat tip to my sister Beth for telling me about 41 pounds( and signing up before we did!)

Photo credit: Flickr viriyincy

1 comment:

Liz S. said...

Hi Julie - I followed your link to the DMA website and put myself on the do not mail lists. Thanks for the tip!