Monday, October 11, 2010

We made page 3


of the Wisconsin State Journal


I found out from my son Ben.

Me " Did you talk about Parade for the Planet in school today?
B "Yea, we made the paper. They spelled my name wrong."
Me: " We made the paper?! What did it say?"
B " I don't know..something about the Green Challenge."

Actual quote ( once we bought a paper) " Julie Swanson, 48, a public health educator, brought her 12 year old son Ben Nessler. As part of the local environmental group ENACT , the Swanson's family is one of six reducing their energy use by 40% below the Madison average. " We're doing this (rally) to say to our legislators, 'We're doing our part; we need you to do yours.'"

Final comment from Ben: " you know, I've been famous a lot."

3 comments:

Apple said...

Okay, so you guys are pretty awesome - newsletter and now newspaper. I expect to see a YouTube video pretty soon!

Juliestest said...

I'll let Ben know...it's rough living with a celebrity! :)

Beth Albright said...

Ben....you rock. It is absolutely wonderful, powerful, and important that you are willing to do these things that make such a difference...and that you tell others. You're my hero.